Windows 10 compatibility with FXTS 2

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Windows 10 compatibility with FXTS 2

Postby tllewell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:36 am

Sorry if this has been asked but the search function doesn't check for "10". I've been experimenting with going from Windows 7 to 10. I notice that 10 is still not listed as a supported operating system by FXCM.

Still, it seems to work OK. The only issue I've notice is with multiple Marketscope windows. In windows 7 I can open two Marketscope windows by going to the chart menu in the trading station window and opening two layouts from there. In Windows 10 opening the second layout switches the open window to the new layout. To get a second layout open I have to open a new Marketscope and open the layout from there.

I haven't played with setting the compatibility property on the application. I was working with a refurb and I returned it because it seemed to have a hardware issue (I'm sure it wasn't FXTS2; there were symptoms in Memtest86). I'm waiting on another PC to continue working on it. Has anyone tried setting the compatibility property for FXTS2 in Windows 10? Did it have any apparent effect?
tllewell

Re: Windows 10 compatibility with FXTS 2

Postby Julia CJ » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 am

Hi Tllewell,

The only issue I've notice is with multiple Marketscope windows.

Please try to use this option:
Open Layout Logic.png
Julia CJ

Re: Windows 10 compatibility with FXTS 2

Postby tllewell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks for the note pointing out these options. However, what works for me is changing the Open Layouts Logic to "New Marketscope". But then it works just fine. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.
tllewell

Return to General Discussions