Platform Freezing

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Platform Freezing

Postby Hybrid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 am

Hi fxcodebaseteam,

After installing the last update of the Tradestation, I was able to log in properly.

However, on my next atempt to do so, I could not log in fully anymore.

I have tried tens of times, and the farthest I get is to load part of the program, and then it will freeze every time.

It worked fine before installing the update, and I have made no changes to the settings of my computer, the internet, or any programs on it since before installing the update.

I sent an e-mail to the micro support team and they sent a link for complete uninstall and reinstall of the platform. I did that, the platform worked fine for a day, and then the same problem.......

I uninstalled and reinstalled the platform again. This time it worked for a week.
This morning it started freezing again. It freezes immediately after loging in.

Can you please help me solve the freezing issue?

Thank you for your time and assistance
Hybrid

Re: Platform Freezing

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am

I think it is related with recently found problem in the trading station. The hotfix is being prepared right now and must be available today afternoon. To get the unofficial fix earlier please write me at nikolay.gekht(at)gehtsoftusa(dot)com and I'll send it via email.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Hybrid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Nikolay,

This morning the platform is freezing again, immediately after logging in.
It is out of control.
:cry:
Hybrid

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Today morning the fixed installation packages are uploaded, so, please, first try to download and install the software again.

If it does not help, please contact me at nikolay.gekht(at)gehtsoftusa(dot)com. I will need more details to understand what is wrong with the Trading Station.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby bgmays » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 pm

I had this same problem yesterday. It took me 2 uninstalls/reinstalls and a few hours of tinkering to discover that the problem was the custom indicators I had downloaded. I had the LInear Regression Channel, Auto Trend Lines, and Auto Triangles loaded. I had a 10 chart layout and I guess the platform could not handle that many custom indicators. I then removed the triangles indicator and set up a 16 chart layout. This has worked just fine so far. I love the custom indicators that I have downloaded and hope that I can add both the triangles and news indicators soon. Do you guys know of any way to fix this problem?
bgmays

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

First, i am glad that you use the indicators that I wrote.

You're right, platform could not handle that many custom indicator.
I'll try to offer in the future enhanced version of other indicators from your post.

I have tested the Triangle Indicator, everything works as expected.
I suppose that the problem is causing by a large number of simultaneous instances of indicators.

I reviewed the code and I did not find room for optimization.

I presented an additional option for Triangle Indicator, Lookback Search lengt,
which defines the Triangle searching area starting from last candle.
In order to improve performance.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to General Discussions